With an expected short amount of work time on Day 5, I've made good progress on my smaller items to-do list over these two days.
- Capture search history – tracking search history allows us various improvement capabilities:
- Identify gaps in our content, improving the user experience (people like matches to what they're looking for)
- Detect market trends
- Improve synonyms and variants to ensure content matches how people search
- Adjust search algorithms as needed
- Draft & Published Listing status – now I can start to enter businesses I don't have all the details for yet, and publish them when ready
- Improved mobile styling – specifically in the Search form:
- Handle unrecognized zip codes – specific messaging shows we noticed:
This brings us to Day 7!
Before launching, the largest thing on my to-do list is to establish a means of contacting me. I want to know what people are looking for, what businesses I should include, what questions people have. Talking to your customers is key.
After that and some minor details that I always realize I should have on a live website, launching is final priority!